Monday, September 6, 2010

introduction!

Hi! My name is Amber Jackson. I'm a senior at the University of West Georgia. My major is Mass Communication with a minor in Marketing. I'm also a member of the lovely sorority Alpha Xi Delta. I love this school and everything it has done to help me for my future! I currently have an internship with Clear Channel Communications' radio station Project 9-6-1. My family is from Minnesota and we are all HUGE Vikings fans. I also love the Georgia Bulldogs. I'm a sports fanatic, which is why it has been my dream to work in sports broadcasting.

As a woman, I know it is very difficult to become established in the sports broadcasting industry. This is why I admire ESPN so much. I love this company because over their years on top as one of the main places to go to get your sports news, they have given equal opportunities to men and women of all types. I felt at first that it would be too hard to conquer this dream, but after seeing Erin Andrews and various other women find success with ESPN I knew it was possible. I also believe this company is very successful with their broadcasts and marketing strategies. I would love to be able to show other women with the same dream I have that it is possible by becoming a sportscaster for the top sports network in the U.S., ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment